The 20th of every month is big in our house... every kid has a "birthday." Today the twins are (**gasp**) 22 months old and Katie is 7 months old! Some days I wish I could freeze time. I could take in each memory and milestone, and appreciate every moment I have with these kids. And then other days, I'm thrilled time is passing! In honor of it being the 20th, I thought I'd update everyone on the kids' latest accomplishments...
Katie-bug now weighs over 17 pounds. Anna was 17 pounds on her first birthday, so this seems huge to us! She is still crazy long, with light-colored hair and blue eyes. I promise she is our kid. She can now sit, crawl, and hold her own bottle, all of which make my day much easier. We are attempting baby food, but she hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet. She loves the doorway jumper and watching the dogs... and stealing toys from her brother and sister. She is now going to Mother's Morning Out two mornings a week, and the teachers always comment on what a happy baby she is.
Carlos has just learned to say "apple" and "I love you." Although, it sounds more like "I uv ooh." He also says "Anna" now instead of "nana," so I am no longer confused of whether he wants his sister or a banana. He's my big eater and will pretty much eat whatever I put in front of him. (Especially if I give him ketchup or syrup for dipping!) He still loves watching Elmo's World and sleeping in his sister's bed. We think he's learning the song "Old MacDonald Had a Farm," because we hear him jibber-jabbering and then ending with E-I-E-I-O. It's adorable.
Anna's latest thing is jumping. She loves to jump in place, but after a few jumps her feet are no longer coming off the ground at the same time and it looks like she's doing a chicken dance. She still loves to tell people what to do, especially her brother. Just last night when I said dinner was ready, she yelled, "Bubby! Eat!" and pointed to his booster seat. Her favorite activities right now are reading and coloring. And she now says "pees" (as in 'please') when she wants something. She now can't stand to be dirty, and wants her hands wiped or shirt changed at the slightest mess. She's definitely all girl.
So those are our kids, and all they are up to!
1.20.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
About Me
- Sarah Ortiz
- Anderson, South Carolina
- I am a mother to our miracle twins, Anna and Carlos, and to our newest addition, Katie. I am a wife to the most amazing and loving man I have ever known. Together we are enjoying every blessing and obstacle God has thrown our way. Our life may be hectic and crazy, but we are thankful for every second of it. People often tell us that our hands are full. But the truth is, so are our hearts.
1 comment:
Sweet. Glad I up to date on your family happenings. :)
Post a Comment